Friday, June 10, 2011

FINGERPRINTS OF GOD

I received an e-mail from one of Emma-Grace's preschool teachers this week.  She was telling me that on Emma's last day at school (Feb. 9, the day before she got sick); one of the things she did was to play with play-doh.  Emma-Grace wanted the teacher to make a snowman family with mo-hawks out of the play-doh. When the snowmen were done she said Emma-Grace laughed and laughed. 

It was wonderful for me to hear that on her last day at school she was so full of life.  I can just imagine her little hands working with the play-doh.  She loved the art center at school and she loved making different "things".

I have a piece of construction paper art hanging on my desk at work that Emma-Grace made for me several months ago.  She told the teacher it was her "mama".  On the paper she had glued some Popsicle sticks, scrap pieces of paper and pink feathers.  I wonder what that says about me?  Whatever it says, I love it and will always treasure it. 

The school sent home all of Emma's "things" a few weeks ago.  Among the papers was a piece of art she made the day before she got sick.  It is a beige piece of paper with pink and yellow dots of paint on it.  In the past it probably would have been a paper I would have thrown in the trash.  Now it is a cherished piece of art.  To know that this is the last thing she made with her little hands is priceless.  Her fingerprints are all over it.

To God, we are a marvelous work of art.  He fashions each and every one of us individually.  As he makes us who we are, he pays special attention to each intricate detail.  He forms our intelligence, personality, talents and abilities.  As God fashions our hearts individually, He leaves His fingerprints.  None of us are formed without His knowledge or His input.  However it is up to us how we use what God has given to us, to glorify Him. 

 
I wonder, as a child of God, if He is as proud of the things I touch, as I am of Emma's painting?  Are the marks I leave on the lives around me something He would say are priceless?  When others look at me do they see the fingerprints of God in my life?  Some people will never enter the doors of a church.  Those same individuals however are around people who claim to be Christians every day.  As a child of the King, am I showing others His love with my live?  Do my actions reflect the love and mercy I've so freely be given?   I pray today that Jesus would be as proud of my life, as I am of Emma-Grace's simple piece of art.  And that the fingerprints of God in me, are evident to everyone I meet.

"The Lord looks from heaven; He sees all the sons of men...He fashions their hearts individually; He considers all their works."  Psalm 33: 13-15 

2 comments:

  1. They are evident, LaLisa. Very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most Definitely present, LaLisa, most definitely! You have a big heart and beautiful spirit!

    ReplyDelete