Saturday, May 28, 2011

PRICELESS GIFT

Over the last 2 weeks I have slowly been cleaning out "stuff".  Drawers, closets, toy boxes, etc.  Today I decided to clean under things.  Emma-Grace was the "mess maker" in our house.  Not to say that other people do not contribute to the messes made in our home, she just happened to be the worse of the bunch.  She was what I liked to call my migratory mess maker.  She would "migrate" things from room to room.  Kitchen things would end up in the bathroom.  Bathroom things would move to the kitchen.  You get my drift.  And she has treasures under most items of furniture in our house.  Tonight I moved the couch to clean under and behind it.  Now I know I have cleaned in this area over the last year- I think.  However, one of the things I ran across took me by surprise.  I found a mother's day picture made by Emma-Grace's daycare from last year.  How it ended up there I will never know.  I have been praying that God would send me a "sign" from my little princess that she is OK.  Maybe this is it.  What I found was a late mother's day card from Heaven.  I remember last year thinking that I hated that her picture was taken outside in the sun and that her eyes are almost shut.  This year I am thinking, "thank you God for such a "priceless gift".  

Often when we least expect it, God sends us unexpected gifts.  Emma-Grace was one of those gifts to our family.  Many of you may have read in the caring bridge weeks ago about how Emma came to be a part of our family.  She was not the little girl we started out to adopted.  But God in His wonderful wisdom knew exactly what He was doing when He choose her for our family.  She was truly an unexpected gift from God.  She was meant to be a "Carpenter".  

Psalms 105:41 speaks of the children of Israel being in the wilderness surrounded by deserts and rocks.  Just when they were ready to give up and go back to Egypt an unexpected gift was given from an unexpected source.  Once the gift (rock) was opened it brought forth exactly what the people needed and ran down into all of the dry places.  If we let Him, God can touch all of those dry places in our lives with the moisture we desperately need.  So, today as I mourn the loss of our precious little Emma-Grace, who was an unexpected gift from God, I am thanking Him for a priceless unexpected "sign" from Heaven that she is safe in His arms. 

He opened the rock, and water gushed out; it ran in the dry places like a river. (Psalm 105:41)KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment